Monday 2 June 2014

Motivational Monday


I always love reading Louise's (aka Sprinkle of Glitter) motivational monday blog posts, so I thought being the quote lover that I am, I would try and give it a go. Last night I attended a Demi Lovato concert in London and it's safe to say it was one of the best nights of my life. I have loved Demi ever since I was 13 years old, and now six years later at 19 years old, I finally got to see her live. I don't think I've ever smiled, laughed, and cried as much in an hour and a half as I did at that concert. Before singing Warrior on her tour, Demi gives a motivational speech to the audience, and her speech last night at the London show struck a particular chord with me. The video of the speech is available on YouTube via this link (speech and performance from 2:24 onwards), but for those of you who would rather read than watch, here is my favourite part of the speech. Enjoy.

"Everyone can get through struggles if they put their heart and soul into it and they realise that they are worth the happiness and the healthiness, and that they're worth life. You don't have to spend your life miserable or depressed or self-medicating, or anything like that. You can actually spend it happy, which is something I didn't realise I could do when I was 12 or 13 years old. Even all the way up to when I went into treatment, I didn't realise I could do that and I just thought it would never be possible. But it is possible and happiness is a choice. Sometimes it's easier to sit and sulk and live in the depression than it is to get up and get out, but happiness is a choice and you deserve that choice. So choose it for yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment